Monday 2 May 2011

Wasting Light

I treated myself to a few days off at the end of March, and it didn't take long for my motivation resurface. I'm naturally an ambitious person, and given that poker seems to be a viable way to earn a good living for the short-term future, I hope to make the most of the opportunity. A short break really helped me to re-focus on that and begin April with renewed vigor. Two weeks into the month I had already made over $3k from 350 games and was on schedule to have my best month yet. However, it wasn't meant to be as the announcements on April 15th led me to another short hiatus from the game and a disappointing end to the month.

The views on what poker players have dubbed "Black Friday" are numerous, diverse and almost entirely speculative. The general consensus is that it's only a matter of time until poker is legalised in the USA. But we have yet to see what legalisation will look like. Initially I was very disappointed by the news. However, so far the impact on me personally has been minimal. Traffic is down, but there are still plenty of 6 max STTs running and fewer regs to contend with. The main impact may be increased variance as I will now have to play more turbos.

On a brighter note, Pokerstars are scheduled to announce improvements to their SNG rake calculation and structure during May. This can only be a good thing. A more detailed explanation can be found here.

April profit: +$4153

Yearly profit: +$16,754
Yearly VPPs: 49,651

No comments:

Post a Comment