Monday 30 May 2011

Supernova Challenge

Poker-wise May has been something of an epic fail, and it looks almost certain that I shall end the month in deficit. Somewhat depressing, although not wholly unexpected in a game with so much short-term variance. I'll post a full May review, but for now I want to focus on staying positive and motivated for the month ahead. With that in mind I've decided to challenge myself to achieve Supernova status on Pokerstars in just over 6 weeks.

One of my goals at the start of the year was to reach Supernova by the end of June. Unfortunately so far I've only managed to accumulate a measly 63,500 VPPs, so I'll need to average over 5000 VPPs per week from now on to achieve my goal. There are many grinders out there who could manage that in their sleep, but for me it will be a challenge and will hopefully motivate me to put in more hours and focus less on monetary results at the tables.

Supernova Challenge:
1. Achieve Supernova status on or before 17th July 2011.
2. Keep a daily record of VPPs to aid motivation.
3. Review monetary results only at the end of each day (not during a session).
4. Update blog every Sunday with a running total.

No comments:

Post a Comment