Wednesday 4 April 2012

Palladium Elite, Gladiator and Pussies

Well so much for more regular updates in 2012! Must try harder...

Poker Updates

At the start of the year my plan was to multi-site Pokerstars and Party Poker, with the aim of retaining my Supernova status on Stars whilst attaining Palladium Elite status on Party. I found it harder than I expected to juggle 2 sites, so I've focussed most of my attention on Party. As a result I sadly lost my Supernova status at the end of March. However, I was successful in attaining Palladium Elite on Party.

Turbo SNGs on Party have very short levels which leads to smaller edges and lower attainable ROIs. Therefore my income this year will be much more dependent on rakeback. Fortunately, in my experience so far, Party have been really good at providing regular bonuses and promotions.

In March Party Poker ran a huge promotion called Gladiator. This promotion was heavily dependent on volume of play, leading to a lot of grinder regs making the games extremely tough. A lot of the turbo games running were -EV to play pre-rakeback. However, with all the bonuses I accrued translating to a rakeback percentage of over 80% there was still a lot of money to be made.

Raking $15,000 in a month to reach my Gladiator goal meant some serious grinding, so in March I put in a lot more volume than I ever have in a single month. Pushing myself in that way has been a real eye-opener for me to realise what I'm capable of, and I plan to push myself to keep volume high throughout the year. So far including all rakeback and bonuses I'm up around $22k this year. I'm actually above EV (!) although I'm down a bit at the $109s and $210s. Fingers crossed for some run good in those in the months ahead. My EV line in Party turbos is worryingly low, although perhaps partly due to the toughness of the games in March. I think card distribution is also a massive factor in those games so it's hard to know how much to read into it.



Life Updates

In other news, my fiance and I bought 2 kittens at the end of 2011 which we've named Leia and Starbucks. I've never been a big animal lover, but these two have really won me over. They're playful, full of personality and good company. It's hard to be too annoyed by a downswing with a kitten purring on my lap.


I'm also very excited for the return of Game of Thrones this month. I started reading the books last summer and pretty much lived and breathed them for a few months. For anyone who hasn't checked out the books or the show I highly recommend both!

Good luck at the tables

David

1 comment:

  1. I've truly never been a big creature fan, but these get definitely won us in excess of. They're irreverent, brimming with individuality in addition to excellent company. It truly is challenging to be far too annoyed by the downswing using a kitten purring on the lap. For any person who has not looked at the ebooks or the present When i endorse both!The best uk site stag do weekend

    ReplyDelete